Friday, June 04, 2010

Update on Coach John Wooden

By Bruin Basketball Report

from the UCLA Athletic Department

Coach John Wooden is resting comfortably at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and spent a peaceful night. He was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday, May 26 due to dehydration. At the request of the family, no other information regarding Coach Wooden’s condition will be released. 

Members of the Wooden Family and UCLA staff are not available for interviews regarding Coach’s condition. 

There will be an update this afternoon. 

Update at 5:00PM:

Coach John Wooden continues to rest comfortably at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and is surrounded by his family. At their request, no other information regarding his condition will be released. 

Coach Wooden’s family and the UCLA Family want to again tell all of Coach’s fans that their thoughts and prayers are truly appreciated. 

There will be no further updates today.

2 Comments:

At Jun 4, 2010, 1:56:00 AM, Anonymous Matt Stairs said...

My prayers to Coach Wooden!

 
At Jun 4, 2010, 12:28:00 PM, Anonymous Dan Trieschmann said...

As a 50 year old man, in St. Louis, I can remember watching Lew Alcindor's first varsity basketball game as a very young child.
It was that night that I fell in love with UCLA basketball and first learned about a coach, named John Wooden.
I was very sad when I heard he was quitting coaching basketball in 1975.
As I grew older, I realized what a "teacher" of men Coach Wooden was.
I have read much of his material, and while his death brings me sadness, I find joy in knowing that he is in heaven with his wife, Nell.
My prayers go out to the Wooden and UCLA family. The world has lost a VERY special man, and heaven is an even brighter place tonight.
Godspeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Back To Bruin Basketball Report Home