Friday, April 14, 2006

Afflalo Decision To Come Soon

By Jill Painter, Staff Writer
L.A. Daily News

Sophomore guard Arron Afflalo will hold a news conference at UCLA next week to announce his decision regarding the NBA, his father Ben said. A UCLA spokesman confirmed a news conference, but the date is not set.

The Afflalos met with coach Ben Howland on Wednesday to discuss the future. Arron Afflalo has previously said that he would stay at UCLA for his junior season. Underclassmen have until April 29 to declare themselves eligible for the NBA draft.

Sophomore point guard Jordan Farmar has yet to make a decision on his status for next season.

Afflalo and Farmar guided UCLA on a surprising run to the NCAA title game, in which the Bruins lost to Florida.

(BruinBasketballReport.com)

4 Comments:

At Apr 14, 2006, 9:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be surprised if either of them declared. Afflalo especially, because he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and knows what he needs to work on to get better. I could see some people convincing Farmar to go pro, only because of his potential, although I don't think he is ready now either.
While Farmar is a pretty good passer and shooter, I think he needs to work on his ballhandling once he gets in the key, and that he sometimes tries to make passes that aren't there. But with another year of experience, I'm sure he will improve on both of those things. From the way he was described coming out of high school, I thought he was going to be the next Jason Kidd, but I guess most high school kids get unrealistic expectations thrust upon them.

 
At Apr 14, 2006, 11:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could forsee both of them attending the predraft tryouts in Orlando, but I would be surprised if they outright declared for the NBA draft and signed with an agent.

 
At Apr 15, 2006, 10:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IMO, neither of these two potential All-Americans next year should go pro. As much as I'd rather see them both stay another two years, I believe another year with Howland would be beneficial to both Farmar and Afflalo. However, my gut feeling is that Farmar will go now, with Afflalo returning to UCLA for his Junior year. Just imagine Farmar, Afflalo, Shipp, Moute with either Wright, Mata, Keefe, etc in the post. That's a pretty darn good team, along with a very very good bench.

 
At Apr 20, 2006, 11:01:00 PM, Blogger John Evo said...

A friend told me today that Afflalo is as good as gone, which I find HARD to believe. He's just not ready. Same mistake Ariza made.

 

Post a Comment

<< Back To Bruin Basketball Report Home