Saturday, February 11, 2006

Fey Still Waiting For Chance

A month ago, Fey was cleared by team doctors to return from a sprained ankle. Since then, he has played four minutes, scored one basket and grabbed two rebounds.

It's left Fey, a projected starter entering the season, dumbfounded about his role, frustrated about his playing time, and confused as why he's not playing more.

Fey, who averaged 8.6 points and 4.8 rebounds last season, said he might soon meet with the coaching staff to discuss the situation.

"They haven't said anything to me," Fey said. "It's difficult, but I'm happy for the team. We're doing good and we're in first place, and we keep winning. Obviously, my year's been tough, but I'm still rooting for the team and everybody.

"If things keep going this way I will try talking to the assistant coaches. We'll see what happens."
UCLA is getting solid interior defense, but very little on offense and rebounding from its three centers - Ryan Hollins, Ryan Wright and Alfred Aboya. The trio is averaging 11.4 points and 6.9 rebounds per game.

Not even the broken leg Lorenzo Mata suffered Jan. 12 resulted in more playing time for Fey.

"I'm just trying to keep my head up and stay positive," Fey said. "That's all I can do. I'm trying to go out in practice and get my minutes back. That's about it." Daily News

(BruinBasketballReport.com)

(photo credit: AP)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Back To Bruin Basketball Report Home