Tuesday, January 10, 2006

UCLA's Shipp Sidelined for the Season

"It's been something that's been lingering in my mind for a while," Shipp said in a statement issued by the school Tuesday. "For the Stanford and Cal games, I really didn't feel comfortable, but I wanted to go out there and try and help the team get a win.

"It was just real sore and painful in those two games. I tried to go again last weekend and I just decided I couldn't do it the whole year, there was just too much pain."

"At this point, his pain levels are just unacceptable, just way too much to handle," UCLA coach Ben Howland said. "He has constant throbbing during every practice and every game, he's very sore every day, and the next morning he's obviously very stiff. And it's not getting better.

"That's the main thing, that's the concern. He has made this decision, through consultation with the physician that did the surgery, his mother and his family, our staff and our trainer. The bottom line is his long-term health." L.A. Times

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Back To Bruin Basketball Report Home